Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy general-use BBQ sauce for chicken, beef, or pork.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons french's yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, not blended (try Gephardt's)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine all the ingredients and simmer for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate for up to a month.
Wow! This sauce was great! I left out the lemon juice because I forgot to pick up some lemons at the store, but other than that, followed it to a T! My family couldn't get enough. The flavor was outstanding, and the kick was perfect. It got a little warmer the 2nd day, but it was still fabulous. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!
Awesome! I have tried this recipe twice now. The first time was good, but a little tangy for my taste. The second time I cut back the vinegar to 4T and the worcestershire sauce down to 3T and it was wonderful. Thank you so much for posting this. I am never buying barbeque sauce at the store again!