Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The amounts listed are for one 1-quart glass jar but of coarse you can make as many jars as you wish, not only are they pretty to look at this recipe makes a great cookie that anyone would be pleased to receive for a gift! For Christmas gift-giving make certain to tie a pretty red or green bow around the neck of the jar along with instructions on how to prepare the cookies, and for something extra special stick a cinnamon stick in the jar along with the ingredients!
- 1 glass jar (use a 1-quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- In a 1-quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid layer the ingredients in the order listed (starting with the white chocolate chips).
- Pack down firmly after each addition.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl cream 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in 1 egg with 2 tablespoons water.
- Add in the entire contents of the jar.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
Another Kittencal keeper!!! These cookies are delicious! You really need to pack the ingredients well. By the time I got to adding the white sugar, the jar was already FULL to the top. I used wide mouth canning jars, a canning funnel to fill them, and a chop stick to poke the ingredients down so the last layer of sugar would fit. This recipe makes one dozen GIANT cookies or two dozen medium cookies. I would make these again and again, if not in jars to give away, just to make and eat them myself. :)