Another one of my son, Jesse's favourites! Experiment with different cookie crumb crusts as well as pudding mixes. I'll list a few below. You can even have 2 layers! Do not use instant puddings!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, I use Oreo baking crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (385 ml) 2% evaporated milk, NOT sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 106 g Jell-O chocolate pudding and pie filling, NOT instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt margarine, stir in Oreo crumbs and sugar. Press firmly into a sprayed 11 x 7 pan. I know this is an odd size but 9 x 13 is too large and your dessert layers will be too skinny. 9 x 9 would be fine as well.
- 3Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and cool completely.
- 4In a saucepan mix together evaporated milk, 1 % milk, baking chocolate and pudding mix. Cook on medium low until bubbling and thickened - I make sure I cook this for 10 minutes on low, stirring with a wire whisk constantly.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- 6Cover with sprayed plastic wrap (this will prevent a tough skin from forming) and leave on the counter until room temperature.
- 7When cooled, whisk again just to smooth it up and spread carefully over cooled crust.
- 8Cover again with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- 9Whip cream with a packet of Dr. Oetker's whipping cream stabilzer and spread over fully cooled pudding - decorate with nuts or toasted coconut.
- 10VARIATIONS: Are endless! I have made the above version with 2 layers: chocolate cooked pudding AND coconut cooked pudding. Another is chocolate AND banana cooked puddings. You can substitute the Oreo crumbs for graham crumbs and use vanilla or butterscotch puddings instead - omit the square of baking chocolate in these cases.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooked Pudding Icebox Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% evaporated milk