1/2 Photos of Cook Yourself Thin Chicken Pot Pie
I borrowed this recipe from the lifetime series "Cook yourself thin"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery
- 2 red potatoes, skin on, diced
- 2 turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thaw 6 sheets of phyllo dough overnight in the refrigerator or one hour before using. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer and keep warm.
- 2In a 6-quart pot, add the olive oil and flour, and cook until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, leek, carrot, celery, red potato and turnips, and stir with a wooden spoon, making sure the bottom does not get too dry. Add the chicken, bay leaf and thyme, and continue stirring for about 3 minutes, so that everything is coated with the flour mixture.
- 3Add the warm chicken stock, stir and scrape the bottom of the pot to get all the color into the mixture and keep it from scorching. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer, covered, for another 5 to 7 minutes, until it becomes thick and the chicken is opaque. Remove from heat and reserve.
- 4Meanwhile, take 6 sheets of phyllo dough and, with a knife, cut out a square slightly larger than the rim of a 9-x-9-inch cake pan and brush with some olive oil. Set aside.
- 5. Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs from the chicken mixture and transfer the chicken to the cake pan. Top with the phyllo dough and press it down firmly with your hands. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, turning the tray around halfway through the cooking time. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, cut into six portions and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cook Yourself Thin Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 2280.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: