This was my winning entry in the Annual Power Facts Recipe Contest sponsored by Alabama Power. I think it was in 2004. Warning: it's loaded with fat, calories and TASTE!!
- Boil potatoes until cooked.
- While potatoes are boiling, fry bacon.
- Chop fried bacon.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Whip with electric mixer (don't whip until completely smooth - leave some chunks in it; if you whip it too much it will be soupy).
- Put whipped potato mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.