Pineapple Mojo Chicken With Tangy Avocado Cream
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Place chicken breasts in large non-metallic dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Place marinade ingredients in bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup marinade, cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken, cover or seal bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill and lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- To prepare Avocado Cream, place avocado in bowl and mash.
- Add juices, jalapeno peppers, sour cream and seasonings.
- Stir until combined and smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on prepared grill about 4 to 6 inches from heat source.
- Grill about 7 minutes per side or until temperature on meat thermometer reaches 160ºF and juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Baste occasionally with reserved 1/4 cup marinade during grilling.
- To serve, place chicken breasts on serving platter.
- Spoon Avocado Cream on each and garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.
- **Cook time does not include marinating time of 2 to 24 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this tonight for dinner since I had a lot of left over pineapple and pineapple juice. The marinade was very very good on the chicken, but I went lightly on the peppers. This was my first time eating and obviously preparing an avacado. I dont know if I really liked the avacado cream with the chicken. I ended up just eating the chicken by itself. Made this indoors with my imatation george forman grill. Will make again but subbing a diffrent sauce or omiting a sacue all together since the chicken is divine on its own.
Very tasty! The marinade gave the chicken a nice glaze, and the avocado cream was fantastic!! I served this over red coral lettuce with some corn, beans, red pepper and onion as a grilled chicken salad and used the avocado cream as a dressing. The chicken and the avocado cream compliment each other perfectly. Really yummy. We'll definitely make this again. Thanks Juenessa!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>