- 1 chicken breast, with skin and bone
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olives, oi l divided
- 10 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 piece fresh ginger, crushed (size of a thumb)
- onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Boil the chicken with the 5 cups of water until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Make sure to skim off the fat and scum that floats on top of the broth. Remove the chicken and set the chicken aside to cool down. Pour the broth in a bowl and set aside for later use.
- 2.In the same pot, heat the 2 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onion for 2 minutes until translucent. Add the ginger and about ¼ of the garlic sauté until the ginger is fragrant and the garlic is browned but not burnt. Add the broth and the rice season with salt, pepper and the chicken cube. Boil and simmer covered until the rice puffed. Make sure to stir once in a while to avoid sticking.
- 3. In a skillet heat the remaining olive oil and brown the remaining garlic. Once browned drained on a paper towel. When the chicken is cold enough to handle removed the skin and the bones and shred.
- 4. Once the soup is cooked ladle it into a serving bowl. Topped with shredded chicken, green onion and browned garlic and enjoy!