Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy slaw with the addition of citrus, tangy craisins and walnuts. I had this at a friend's house last Thanksgiving and after taking a small spoonful just to be polite, I had 3 large helpings and a new favorite recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage, et al)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (scant)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) bag craisins
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- Whisk your dressing ingredients together till blended and toss it w/ the slaw veggies.
- Chop the walnuts into pea sized pieces, add them w/ the craisins to the slaw, and toss to incorporate.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and rough chop them before adding them last (because they're very fragile).
- Let slaw marinade in the fridge an hour before serving so the dressing can loosen up - cooking time is marinading time. If necessary, thin dressing w/ a little milk, but it may lessen 'shelf-life'.