Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the Louisianna-style un-barbecued, barbecued shrimp!
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (or cajun)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce (Crystal or Frank's)
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, put shrimp and creole seasoning into a bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Add oil and garlic to skillet and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add rosemary and cook for 2-3 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, flipping once, until it starts to turn pink, about 30 seconds.Transfer shrimp to a large plate; set aside.
- Add beer, hot sauce, worcestershire, and lemon juice to skillet; stir well, Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove skiller from heat; whisk in butter a few pieces at a time (sauce will start to thicken). Return shriimp to skillet; toss to coat. Return skillet to medium heat and cook until shrimp are cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer shrimp and sauce to 4 deep plates. Serve with chunks of crusty french bread for dipping.