Recipe by cheesygiraffe
I found this last year posted somewhere on the internet. It's awesome. A real crowd pleaser. It makes a lot of it. So it's great for pot lucks and family get-togethers.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a very good mac & cheese dish. I think it needs more salt and pepper though. Other than that, it was not dry like some baked mac/cheese dishes are. I think this recipe had the right amount of milk and butter to make it remain moist during baking. Made for Fall 2009 Pick-A-Chef.
- 5 cups cooked macaroni (approx 4 cups uncooked)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni until done as usual.Do not overcook it.Drain macaroni in strainer.
- Place macaroni, butter, salt,pepper, milk, mozarella cheese, and 3 cups of cheddar cheese in casserole dish.(I use a 9x13 one)Mix eggs in a bowl first and then stir into mixture.
- Cover everything with aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and add extra cup of cheddar cheese across the top. Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.