Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this last year posted somewhere on the internet. It's awesome. A real crowd pleaser. It makes a lot of it. So it's great for pot lucks and family get-togethers.
- 5 cups cooked macaroni (approx 4 cups uncooked)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the macaroni until done as usual.Do not overcook it.Drain macaroni in strainer.
- Place macaroni, butter, salt,pepper, milk, mozarella cheese, and 3 cups of cheddar cheese in casserole dish.(I use a 9x13 one)Mix eggs in a bowl first and then stir into mixture.
- Cover everything with aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and add extra cup of cheddar cheese across the top. Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
This recipe made a lovely mac and cheese cheesygiraffe. My dh swooned over his plate and asked for seconds. It was quick and easy to make with great results. Soft, tender cheesey, moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Fall Pac 2011.
This was a very good mac & cheese dish. I think it needs more salt and pepper though. Other than that, it was not dry like some baked mac/cheese dishes are. I think this recipe had the right amount of milk and butter to make it remain moist during baking. Made for Fall 2009 Pick-A-Chef.
Thanks for the comfort! Am making it now as I write this. Did change the cheeses though. Just used a blend of cheeses. Am looking forward to dinner tonight.