So easy and quick to make, especially after a long day at work.
Make and share this Colorful Weeknight Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers, garlic and onion and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add spices and stir well to coat.
- Reduce heat to low and add 2 cups couscous, then the vegetable stock.
- Keep on heat, stirring until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add in butter, mixing until melted.
- Fluff with fork and serve.