A colorful and healthy salad. Adapted from Diana Rattray, author of Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine. This recipe also fits into Caribbean cuisine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (scallions)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves, rolled together tightly and very thinly sliced (chiffonade technique)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup lentil sprouts (or other sprouts)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups cooked brown rice
- salt and pepper
- 1Toss prepared vegetables together in a large bowl.
- 2Place lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 3Drizzle in olive oil while whisking, to emulsify the liquids.
- 4Add to the vegetables; cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- 5Add cooked, cooled rice; add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Refrigerate until serving time.
- 7Delicious with grilled or broiled steak, chicken or fish.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Rice Salad With Lemon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g