Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe courtesy Ree Drummond, from the show Big House Cleanup. Yum!
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 head purple cabbage, sliced thin
- 3 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced (in two different colors)
- 2 whole carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk (I use soy milk with a squeeze of lemon to thicken it up like buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- couple dashes hot sauce
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (or parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- Combine the shredded green cabbage, purple cabbage, sweet peppers and carrots in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and hot sauce. Pour over the cabbage. Toss to combine.
- Add the cilantro at the very end.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.