1/2 Photos of Colorado Cowboy Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 lb sweet butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant) or 1 cup regular rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, broken into medium-size pieces
- 1Position two oven racks to divide the oven into thirds; preheat oven to 350°; line cookie sheets with foil.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a big bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter.
- 4Add in vanilla and both sugars; beat well.
- 5Add in egg; beat well.
- 6On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients and beat, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula, until incorporated.
- 7Remove bowl from mixer; stir in oats and then chocolate morsels and nuts (dough will be rather stiff).
- 8Use a well-rounded teaspoonful of the dough to make each cookie; place the mounds 2 inches apart on the foil.
- 9Bake for about 18 minutes until the cookies are golden-colored and completely dry.
- 10During baking reverse the sheets top to bottom and front to back to insure even browning.
- 11Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorado Cowboy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 39.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g