This flavorful and creamy dish is simple to make with a New England feel. Great for dreary days or a grand opening for a themed dinner party. Either way you are sure to enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1* Fry bacon till semi-crisp then add the onion. Sauté over medium high heat stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Just when the onion begin to caramelize add the garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Bacon should be well done and the onions and garlic caramelized.
- 2* Add the potatoes, then pour over them the beef broth and milk. Stir well then add the rosemary, sea salt and black pepper. Simmer about 15 minutes stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- 3* Once the potatoes are semi-tender add the sour cream and parsley. Continue to simmer till the potatoes are done and the broth has become thick and creamy. Lightly mash to thicken the broth. Serve immediately.
- 4This is great when paired with an herby artisan bread and white wine.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colonial Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 1613.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g