Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mango is so good! Try it in this Colombian inspired dish! This makes a wonderful dessert, surrounded by fresh fruit. This must be refrigerated for about 2-3 hours before serving.
- Put the orange juice into a small heat-proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel mangoes, cut fruit from pits and puree in blender or food processor.
- You should have about 4 cups of puree.
- Transfer puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and evaporated milk.
- Warm the juice and gelatin over a bowl of hot water until liquid and smooth.
- Whisk the gelatin into the mango mixture.
- Stir in the whipped topping.
- Fill a 10 cup mold with cold water and pour all the water out.
- Fill the mold with the mango mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, wrap a warm, damp towel around the mold.
- Invert a serving plate over the mold and, holding plate and mold together, turn plate upright.
- Lift the mold away carefully.
- Garnish with fresh fruit if desired.
- Serve cold.
definetely easy to do if you're not too handy in the kitchen..and tasted pretty decent :-)
This made such a nice light refreshing dessert! I made mine in an 8-inch springform pan (my poor ring mold was all rusted). I think next time I might try it with a juice other than orange -- maybe pineapple or mango nectar instead. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4
Sharon, This was absolutely CREAMY DREAMY! A very easy dessert to put together.