1/1 Photo of Colombian Mango Delight
Mango is so good! Try it in this Colombian inspired dish! This makes a wonderful dessert, surrounded by fresh fruit. This must be refrigerated for about 2-3 hours before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the orange juice into a small heat-proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- 2Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3Peel mangoes, cut fruit from pits and puree in blender or food processor.
- 4You should have about 4 cups of puree.
- 5Transfer puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and evaporated milk.
- 6Warm the juice and gelatin over a bowl of hot water until liquid and smooth.
- 7Whisk the gelatin into the mango mixture.
- 8Stir in the whipped topping.
- 9Fill a 10 cup mold with cold water and pour all the water out.
- 10Fill the mold with the mango mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- 11To serve, wrap a warm, damp towel around the mold.
- 12Invert a serving plate over the mold and, holding plate and mold together, turn plate upright.
- 13Lift the mold away carefully.
- 14Garnish with fresh fruit if desired.
- 15Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colombian Mango Delight
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 30.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g