Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is one that I got at my grandson's baseball picnic. Someone brought it as one of the salads and I thought that it was great. I know that there are other recipes out there, but this is good.
DRESSING (use reserved 2 beef ramen seasoning packets)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 lb cabbage coleslaw mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles (reserve seasoning packets for dressing)
- 2 (5 ounce) packages sliced almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch scallion (chopped(green part too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Early in the day mix up, put in a jar, and then refrigerate till ready to serve, the ingredients for the dressing.
- When ready to serve put the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl being sure to crush the ramen noodles into pieces in the package; (the beef packet has already gone into the dressing mix.
- When you are ready to eat, mix all together with the dressing.