Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best coleslaw! If you like blue cheese, you should try it. I "concocked" this recipe a few years ago and everyone requests I bring it to our family cookouts. It can easily be doubled to feed a larger group.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine coleslaw mixture, onion and celery in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour over coleslaw mixture.
- Stir will.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top and refrigerate untill well chilled.
I'm really quite particular about coleslaw and I love this coleslaw! I thought the flavors were wonderful, not sweet and not too much mayonnaise. The blue cheese sends it over the top for me. Thanks for sharing!
Very good for me-- but, my husband would prefer I leave out the red onion. I must admit, it was pretty oniony!! The blue-cheese dressing that this makes is sooo good. So, I will make again but will lessen the amount of onion, if I include it.
Great recipe!! DH and I are not slaw people but we loved this recipe. I love blue cheese so I had to give this a try. I am so glad I did. This recipe is a keeper and when I feel the need for slaw this will be the one I will make. Its great! I made baked beans today and this slaw just help give that extra taste and feeling of a super supper along with garlic bread. YUM! THanks for sharing this great recipe. It was really simple to make.