Recipe by Dianne03
This is the best coleslaw! If you like blue cheese, you should try it. I "concocked" this recipe a few years ago and everyone requests I bring it to our family cookouts. It can easily be doubled to feed a larger group.
Top Review by GibbyLou
I'm really quite particular about coleslaw and I love this coleslaw! I thought the flavors were wonderful, not sweet and not too much mayonnaise. The blue cheese sends it over the top for me. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coleslaw mixture, onion and celery in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour over coleslaw mixture.
- Stir will.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top and refrigerate untill well chilled.