donna in niagara falls's Note:
I love this soup. It is quick and easy to make especially if I use the frozen cocktail type meatballs. This recipe was given to me by a friend I worked with years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix ingredients for meat balls and shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- 2(sometimes I will use the frozen store bought cocktail type meatballs) In pot place chicken stock, spinach that has been cooked and moisture squeezed out, shredded carrot, small pasta and parsley.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add meatballs to soup and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- 6Using wooden spoon, stir soup while gradually pouring in beaten eggs.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Cover and let stand for 2 minutes until eggs set.
- 9Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coleen's Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.7
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 1350.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 27.0 g