Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this soup. It is quick and easy to make especially if I use the frozen cocktail type meatballs. This recipe was given to me by a friend I worked with years ago.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- parmesan cheese
- Mix ingredients for meat balls and shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- (sometimes I will use the frozen store bought cocktail type meatballs) In pot place chicken stock, spinach that has been cooked and moisture squeezed out, shredded carrot, small pasta and parsley.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to soup and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- Using wooden spoon, stir soup while gradually pouring in beaten eggs.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 2 minutes until eggs set.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.