Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is safer to sit out at a picnic or pot luck as there is no mayonnaise in it. If that is not a concern and you prefer the mayo flavor, feel free to substitute some or all of the yogurt with mayo.
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 2 lbs per head)
- 1 onion, shredded (Red is great, Vidalia is wonderful or yellow is good)
- 3 large carrots, shredded finer than cabbage
- 177.44 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml sour cream (optional, can just add more yogurt)
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- kosher salt
- pepper, coarsely ground to taste
- Put cabbage, onion and carrot in a bowl and toss.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the veggies and mix well.