Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is THE recipe to fix for a huge group of people.Family reunion,cook out,weddings.... whatever.It is made here for our community pork BBQs. It can be scaled down easily.I think that the surprise ingredient makes this!
- 40 lbs shredded cabbage
- 4 cups oil
- 8 cups white vinegar
- 12 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Mix vinegar and sugar, microwave till hot and sugar is dissolved.
- Add veg. oil and Worcestershire sauce (surprise ingredient), mix.
- Mix slaw, oil mix and cucumbers well.
i didn't used 40 lbs cabbage because I didn't need that much and went the easy method with ready shredded pkged coleslaw. I knew the weather was going to be hot hot and didn't want to worry about mayo based salads sitting out for the big birthday bash. This recipe was excellent with the bbq pork