Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great with catfish or pulled pork
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head cabbage)
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 head cabbage)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Toss with the dressing until evenly coated. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Place in the refrigerator, covered, to chill slightly before serving.
Thanks BennyMade, for this recipe. I made it to go with grilled bbq chicken (using your recipe#316314). According to my DH, this does not taste like "normal" cole slaw - he's the expert as I don't usually eat it. But since this was for PAC, I tried a tiny forkful, and wa-la, I loved it. Sweet and tangy, it went wonderfully with the hot and sweet bbq. This is now MY one and only cole slaw recipe :) thanks so much for sharing it BennyMade - I've been converted. Made for FALL 2008 PAC.
i like this recipe from the ingredient i see i will give it a try similair to my grandmother