Recipe by Manami
No-Cook Meal, Everyday Food, June 2007 Edition. Serve garnished with tomatoes, avocado, and reserved whole shrimp. Using frozen corn and shrimp saves a lot of time in this no-cook soup . . . .
- 4 (1133.98 g) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 236.59 ml low-fat yogurt
- 236.59 ml milk or 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice (from 2 or 3 limes)
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper or 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g cooked frozen shrimp, thawed, roughly chopped, reserving 4 whole shrimp
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, working in two batches, puree corn, yogurt, milk, lime juice, coriander, and cayenne.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids.
- Stir in chopped shrimp, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes, avocado, and reserved whole shrimp.