Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in one of my grandmother's book. It is really nice on a hot summers day
- 4 mangoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- peel, seed and chop the mangoes, then place them with the rest of the ingredients, except for the rum, cream and nutmeg.
- In a large saucepan, cook over medium heat, skimming the foam off the top of the saucepan. Cook until about 1/4 of the original liquid has evaporated.
- once cooled, pass through a sieve.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- add the rum just before serving, and top each with the whipped cream and nutmeg.
Was skeptical at fist,but it turned out very good. The Rum and whip cream really pulls it all together.