- 4 mangoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- peel, seed and chop the mangoes, then place them with the rest of the ingredients, except for the rum, cream and nutmeg.
- In a large saucepan, cook over medium heat, skimming the foam off the top of the saucepan. Cook until about 1/4 of the original liquid has evaporated.
- once cooled, pass through a sieve.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- add the rum just before serving, and top each with the whipped cream and nutmeg.