Recipe by Anu
My daily afternoon beverage! With minimal ingredients, it lasts me until dinner! On rainy or cold days, I just substitute the cold milk with hot milk, and the effect is yum :)
Top Review by ddcat
Great and easy recipe - why didn't I think of this? I'm on the Atkins diet so I used carb-free half and half instead of the milk and used decaf coffee. I love cold coffee - I will certainly make this again!
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (Nescafe Classic for me!)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup cold nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the instant coffee powder in a coffee mug/cup and add the water to it.
- Now carefully blend the coffee with the water to form a rather fluid paste.
- Once that is done, whip the paste vigourously for a few minutes with a spoon until tiny bubbles form on the surface.
- Now add the cold milk to this paste and stir slowly until the coffee paste has completely blended with the milk.
- A nice, thin layer of foam will form automatically on the surface, and your coffee is ready to drink!
- Note: This cold coffee can also be made adding sugar or an artificial sweetener.
- Add the sugar/sweetener along with the coffee powder (at the beginning) and an additional teaspoon of water to make sure that it all blends together.
- You might have to whip the mixture for a little while longer to make sure that you have a perfectly smooth blend.