Recipe by Charlotte J
Let the kids help with this recipe. Buy precooked rotisserie chicken to speed things up.
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package cellophane noodles (or bean-thread)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup peeled grated cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 3 cups water.
- Put noodles in a large bowl and pour over boiling water.
- Let sit about 5 minutes, stirring, until noodles feel soft.
- Drain and rinse under very cold running water for about 2 minutes, until noodles are cold.
- Drain well and place in serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger.
- Pour dressing over the noodles and stir well.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the noodles, in the middle; put the carrots and cucumbers around the edges.
- Serve cold.