Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
quick and easy!
- 3 cups beef bouillon, cold
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole medium beets, chilled and undrained
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon peel (optional)
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- Put all of the above except the sour cream in a blender and blend for 1/2 minute until smooth.
- Chill and then serve in chilled bowls and top each bowl with 1 TBS of sour cream.
This was my first experience with Borscht, I usually only use recipes with reviews but I had a lot of already steamed beets in the fridge I thought I would make a salad with but lettuce went bad & I have wanted to try something different with the beets. I used steamed beets & 1/2 can of beets with the liquid. I did use the lemon peel & added 1/2 white onion and 3 green onions. My husband and I enjoyed this and will have it again. You must like beets and enjoy refreshing cold soups. I also like cucumber soup! Thanks for the recipe!