Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
Sinful, but REALLY good. The glaze soaks in, making the cake very moist. I usually serve this cake with a "special coffee" made with Cointreau as well.
Top Review by Babs in Toyland
Wow - this is the most delicious and moist cake.I made it exactly as posted and wouldn't change a thing. I served it to some friends and we all loved it. I will be making this one a lot! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries (or strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, orange juice and Cointreau.
- Beat well for 10 minutes.
- Pour into lightly greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45- 60 minutes until done.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan.
- While cake is baking, boil sugar, butter, orange juice and Cointreau for roughly 5 minutes.
- Pour over cake while cake is still warm.
- To serve, top each slice with fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of orange peel.