Recipe by shimmerchk
If you are like me you probably don't have espresso or espresso powder on hand. This recipe tastes like "that" coffee chain's blended cold drink, but you can use your coffee maker and save yourself the almost 8 dollars you would spend for the yield of 2 servings in this recipe.
Top Review by DuChick
I'm in frappe heaven! I reduced the amounts for just one serving and still had plenty. I used skim milk, fat-free half & half and Splenda to cut calories. This will be my drink of choice on hot summer days! Thanks!
For the coffee
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup 100% columbian coffee or 1⁄3 cup french roast coffee
For the rest of the frappe
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 cups crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew the coffee ingredients using your regular coffee maker.
- When coffee is brewed, stir in the sugar and chocolate syrup.
- Add the milk to the coffee, this will help temper and cool the coffee.
- Add ice to a blender.
- Pour coffee mixture on top of ice, then add the half and half.
- Blend until well combined.
- Serve in a tall glass with additional ice if desired.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a straw if desired.