Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A little different combination of tastes
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Add melted butter, milk, instant coffee, vanilla and egg.
- Mix until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- FIll the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar and pecans, sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
This is a great muffin. Sturdy cake-like texture. I've made it twice now, once as the recipe stated and once without the pecans/brown sugar topping and instead added cocoa powder for a mocha flavor. Thank you Steve!