Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This one is for coffee lovers. It takes about 30-45 minutes to make.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 cups large marshmallows (14-16)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsley chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Generously grease the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, coffee, marshmallows and salt.
- Bring mixture to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow to boil until candy reaches soft ball stage, 240 degrees on a candy thermometer - 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla, beat 2 minutes.
- Fold in nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Chill until firm, then cut into 36 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator.