Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Light & Tasty. It is low in sodium.
- 1 (1 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (such as equal)
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 4 tablespoons light whipped topping
- crushed instant coffee granules (optional)
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes.In a small pan, dissolve coffee in boiling water, add gelatin mixture. Cook and stir coffee just till gelatin is dissolved (do not boil). Remove from the heat and stir in sugar substitute. Add ice cubes; stir till cubes are melted and mixture begins to thicken. In a bowl beat coffee mixture and about 2/3 cup whipped topping till blended. Fold in 1 1/3 cups topping by hand. Transfer to four individual cups or glasses. Top each with 1 tbsp topping. refrigerate at least 2 hours Dust with crushed coffee granulas.