Recipe by coolbeans
I improvised this recipe and it turned out great! I'm a fan of nonfat cooking, so it has nearly no fat, and its super creamy!! It's very smooth and does'nt taste like nonfat ice cream
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 5 teaspoons of knox unflavored gelatin (about 1-1/2 packets)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large banana (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- instant coffee granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze a banana in the freezer overnight.
- Put the milk, half & half, and whipping cream in a medium sauce pan, and sprinkle with the gelatin, let stand one minute.
- Heat it and stir until smooth, then stir in the sugar.
- Let cool in fridge for a little while, its better to put it in the freezer for a half hour first-until its like thin pudding.
- Take out and add vanilla, cocoa powder, then sprinkle with cinnamon and instant coffee, until it's as strong as you want.
- Food process the frozen banana, then add in the rest of the mixture until smooth. (If no food processor, cut up and put in blender).
- Pour mixture in ice cream machine, for 20-25 minutes, or until its thick enough.
- Eat it!