Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
In Southern California, we eat ice cream all year round. This is a good one.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a saucepan, stir sugar, cornstarch, coffee and butter until blended. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk. In a mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
I was actually going in to add this recipe, so I am GLAD you did it first :) I got mine from "Reminisce" magazine, but same recipe. It turned out delicious. I served with crockpot applesauce cake and butterscotch sauce. I always use decaf coffee crystals, just because I am really sensitive to caffeine and still want to be able to eat this at night!!!