Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This iced beverage is a greek favorite. My first trip to Greece I noticed locals sipping this unique appearing concauction every morning at breakfast but could not identify it on any menu. On one of many subsequent returns with my wife, her querry at a small taverna yielded what has become a favorite anytime-beverage at our house and a perfect compliment to any breakfast fare.
- 3 -4 teaspoons instant coffee (don't scoff till you try it, preferably Nescafe)
- 2 -4 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 2 -6 ounces water
- 2 -6 ounces milk (optional)
- An immersion blender performs most efficiently.
- Combine coffee, sugar, and 3 Tablespoons water in blender carafe.
- Whip contents to stiff froth and maximum volume.
- Pour froth into tumbler 2/3 full of ice.
- Add water and/or milk as desired to fill.
- Sip with straw occasionally stirring to combine froth with liquid.
I make iced coffee drinks at home all the time, but I usually use brewed coffee instead of the instant, so this was something different for me . I used Nescafe (I actually had a canister of the imported stuff) and Truvia in place of the sugar. Quick, simple, and very tasty! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
Very refreshing! I used the milk option, and replaced the sugar and 2 of the tablespoons of water with Torani's caramel coffee syrup for an even richer drink. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.