Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Coffee is a great way to enhance a host of savory dishes. I have yet to try this, but am eager to do so. From Good Food Magazine, January 1988.
Top Review by kjkvett
I have made this several times over the last year or more, and it's an excellent recipe. I don't use the 5# ham, as it's too much, except when company is present. I use ham steaks and the electric skillet. My family loves it, too.
- 1 (5 lb) fully cooked shank-half ham
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim all fat from ham. Place ham on rack in roasting pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Dissolve espresso in hot water in 2-cup measure. Add remaining ingredients and stir to blend. Baste ham with coffee mixture and continue to bake for 45 minutes, basting every 10-15 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes, then cut into thin slices and serve.