Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Mr. Food. Cooking time is actually the setting time.
- 3 cups strong black coffee, divided (1 cup cold, 2 cups hot)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Place the 1 cup cold coffee in a medium bowl; sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee and let stand for 1 minute.
- Add the hot coffee, sugar, and half-and-half; stir until well combined.
- Pour into a 1 quart gelatin mold, large serving bowl, or individual parfait glasses or glass coffee cups.
- Cover, and chill until firm.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or shaved chocolate.
Tastes like a creamy coffee drink in jelly form, but not as sweet. Great with whipped cream.
I have made this wonderful recipe a few times now and so far everyone who has tried it absolutely loves it. You can also substitute the half-and-half with low fat or fat free milk to reduce the calories.
I couldn't wait to try this recipe! It tastes exactly like you think it will, creamy, sweet coffee jello. It is a snap to whip up. I used decaf brewed coffee and fat-free half n half. I poured it into a metal bowl and it set up great. I'm the only one in the family who likes coffee, so I'll be enjoying this myself (with a dollop of whipped cream). I've always liked Mr. Food, too! Roxygirl in Colo. Roxygirl in Colo.