Recipe by Dannygirl
Family Circle Magazine Original recipe. Good on those chilly winter days for you and a few good friends. Goes well with Cappucino Cheesecake posted here in Zaar.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a wonderful treat Dannygirl. I really enjoyed this tasty drink. I choose Kalhua as my liquer of choice today. Made exactly as written, but substituted the cool whip for whipping cream (personal preference only) I garnished the tasty drink with candied ginger and cinnamon...Thanks for sharing. Made for Comfort Cafe Chalet 2010
- 3⁄4 cup regular grind coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 6 cups water
- assorted liqueurs
- non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coffee, orange peel, cinnamon and ginger in basket of coffee maker.
- Pour water into receptacle and brew as directed for coffee maker.
- Serve hot with liqueur and whipped topping.
- VARIATIONS: Substitute 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon for cinnamon stick.