Recipe by marj mcmurray
Just about the best homemade coffee cake I have ever tasted!!!!!
Top Review by nowskinny
Wonderful! The best tasting homemade coffecake I've ever tasted and so easy. The only change I would recommend in the directions is, if you are going to use a Bundt Cake Pan- Sprinkle the Mixture(powder,nuts) on first, then pour in your batter, then pour in more of the mixture(powder,nuts),then the rest of the batter so when you flip it over it will appear on the top. Enjoy! Served this with Overnight Egg Bake #19970. An easy and wonderful brunch prepared the night before.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, add to the sour cream
Mixture for middle and top of cake
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grated walnuts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Put half the mixture into a greased cake pan.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of white sugar, cinnamon and grated walnuts.
- Add remaining cake mixture and top with sugar, cinnamon and walnut mixture.
- Set oven at 350°. I usually bake them for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. You can stick a toothpick or one of those kabob holders in the middle. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. It usually turns a kind of golden brown on top. You should let it cool for awhile so as not to burn your mouth.