Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Its a real treat for coffee lovers!
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant coffee (strong)
- 300 g miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 sliced bananas
- 2 9-inch graham cracker crusts
- Boil coffee.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the marshmallows until melted.
- Chill for an hour.
- Whip cream.
- When coffee mixture is well chilled, beat with an electric beater for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and contiune beating until well blended.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Divide the mixture in half and pour it into the pie shells.
- Serve chilled.
Don't understand the previous reviews - this was a big hit around here. It went together very easily and worked as advertised. I used our freshly ground, drip-brewed coffee left over from the day before, and very ripe bananas. The coffee marshmallow mix set up overnight in the fridge very nicely and I whipped it all together the next morning. Back to the fridge before serving. Rave reviews from all - especially the local coffee roaster where the idea of bananas and coffee together was not initially considered a good idea. Thank you for this great recipe. PS: This is a great way to use up marshmallows that have begun to stick together and in the bag.
I was looking for something different to make and this sounded very interesting and quite simple. I followed your directions just as written, but these pies didn't turn out well at all. The coffee flavor was way over powering and the the pies themselves didn't set, they were very mushy. I wasn't even able to slice the pie. I would definetely suggest cutting back on the amount of coffee. I'm sorry, to give a bad review, but we just didn't care for this pie at all.