Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Its a real treat for coffee lovers!
Top Review by ffred
Don't understand the previous reviews - this was a big hit around here. It went together very easily and worked as advertised. I used our freshly ground, drip-brewed coffee left over from the day before, and very ripe bananas. The coffee marshmallow mix set up overnight in the fridge very nicely and I whipped it all together the next morning. Back to the fridge before serving. Rave reviews from all - especially the local coffee roaster where the idea of bananas and coffee together was not initially considered a good idea. Thank you for this great recipe. PS: This is a great way to use up marshmallows that have begun to stick together and in the bag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant coffee (strong)
- 300 g miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 sliced bananas
- 2 9-inch graham cracker crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil coffee.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the marshmallows until melted.
- Chill for an hour.
- Whip cream.
- When coffee mixture is well chilled, beat with an electric beater for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and contiune beating until well blended.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Divide the mixture in half and pour it into the pie shells.
- Serve chilled.