1 hr 20 mins
Theresa/ Thunderbird's Note:
This needs about 1 hour cooling and 1 hour chilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg yolks
Coffee Cream Filling
- 1Move oven rack to lowest position,heat oven to 325.
- 2Beat egg whites and cream of tarterin a large bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form,set aside.
- 3Mix flour,sugar,baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Beat in coffee,oil,vanilla and egg yolks on loww speed,1 minute.
- 5Gradually pour coffee mixture over egg whites,folding with rubber spatula just until blended.
- 6Push batter into ungreased angel food cake pan (tube pan),10x14 inches.
- 7Cut gently through batter with metal spatula or a knife to break air pockets.
- 8Bake 50-60 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- 9Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or bottle,.
- 10Let hand about 2 hours until cake is cool.
- 11Loosen sides of cake with a knife,remove from pan.
- 12Cut cake horizontally,fill layers with coffee cream filling.
- 13Store covered in the refrigerator.
- 14COFFEE CREAM FILLING: Mix sugar,cornstarch,salt,whipping cream and egg yolk in 1 quart saucepan until blended.
- 15Heat over medium heat,stirring constantly until thickened,remove from heat.
- 16Stir in liqueur or coffee.
- 17Refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee and Cream Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g