Banana Cream Chiffon Cake With Whipped Cream Filling
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄8 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil, Wesson's
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons water, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup banana, sieved very ripe bananas (used 1 large very ripe )
- 1⁄2 cup egg white, 4 of them
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Add oil and egg yolks, cold water, water ,vanilla, lemon zest, and banana.
- Beat really good.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together.
- Beat very stiff; do not under beat.
- Do not stir; just fold the beaten egg whites very gently into the banana mixture.
- Pour batter into an ungreased angel food pan.
- Bake 50 minutes. at 350 degrees
- When baked, turn pan upside down and cool.
- When cake is cold, split crosswise 3 times into 3 layers.
- Spread with whipped cream filling between layers and top.
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING:
- In a chilled bowl, beat the whipping cream very stiff.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar gradually.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"