Recipe by Chef Kate
Light, healthy and easy. The saute part can be done in advance. I add some anchovies with the onions and garlic and let them dissolve into the vegetable mix. I also use fresh oregano when possible.
- 4 cod fish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 onion (medium dice)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces tomatoes, canned (drained)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 8 black Greek olives (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange fillets in 8x8x2 inch square baking dish.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in medium-size skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly softened. Add tomatoes, capers, basil, olives, lemon juice, oregano, salt if using and pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 8 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the fish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.