Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the Azores. I love it with a big piece of corn bread and a glass of wine.
Make and share this Cod fish Casserole (portuguese style) recipe from Food.com.
- Boil fish until cooked drain and mince using care to remove all the bones.
- Boil potatoes and collards together until the potatoes are cooked but still firm.
- Fry onions in 1/2 cup of olive oil until slightly browned then add tomatoes and fry for 5 min.
- Now in a baking dish layer potatoes and collards, fish, onions and tomatoes, potatoes and collards, fish, onions and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and what's left from frying onions.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Just finished eating the dish. I added a pinch of dried thyme to the baking dish. Delicious!