Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the Azores. I love it with a big piece of corn bread and a glass of wine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 large onions (sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- 1⁄2 bunch collard greens (chopped)
- 6 large white potatoes (sliced)
- Boil fish until cooked drain and mince using care to remove all the bones.
- Boil potatoes and collards together until the potatoes are cooked but still firm.
- Fry onions in 1/2 cup of olive oil until slightly browned then add tomatoes and fry for 5 min.
- Now in a baking dish layer potatoes and collards, fish, onions and tomatoes, potatoes and collards, fish, onions and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and what's left from frying onions.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Just finished eating the dish. I added a pinch of dried thyme to the baking dish. Delicious!