1/5 Photos of Cod and Potatoes
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Baked Cod with roasted potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb new potato, peeled if desired (halved if smallish or cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, for the potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, for the potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 8 ounces cod fish fillets (skin removed if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Put the potatoes in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Stir and roast for 10 minutes more.
- 3Meanwhile, rinse the cod fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
- 4After the 30 minutes of roasting, move the potatoes to the sides of the pan and place the fillets in the center. Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper, adding the red pepper flakes if using. Redistribute the potatoes around the fillets. Add garlic if using at this point. Stir.
- 5Distribute oil (in pan with potatoes) over cod filets on both sides using a paint brush or paper towel, adding lemon pepper seasoning on both sides.
- 6Roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 10 minutes. Top with the lemon zest and chives.
- 7Tip: Serve this roasted version of fish and chips with ketchup for the youngsters and malt vinegar for the party of adults!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 1231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning