Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The blend of flavors is very tropicsl.The flavors of the sushi tuna with the coconut is fantastic.The spice of the jalapeno is muted by the fats in the coconut milk yet adds an aditional element of zing
- 10 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 12 ounces sashimi-grade tuna, cubed into medium pieces
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 scallion, julienned
- In a pot, bring the coconut milk, ginger, and horseradish to a boil and reduce by a quarter.
- Strain and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, tomato,jalapeno,cilantro,lime juice and coconut sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with the red onion and scallion.
- Hint: I like to make this one day before and let the flavors blend in the refrigerator over night.