Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
My aunt made this recipe when i visited her a while back. i liked it so much that i had to share.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant coconut pudding mix
- 5 cups milk
- Cream flour and butter together.
- mash in bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan 1/4 inch thick.
- sprinkle chopped nuts over mixture.
- bake 20 minutes at 350 f.
- beat cream cheese, 8 ounces cool whip, and powdered sugar together.
- spread over pastry.
- sprinkle coconut over this mixture.
- mix pudding and milk.
- spread on top of coconut.
- spread remaining cool whip on top.
- sprinkle with more coconut.
- keep in refrigerator at least 2 days before serving. (this step is not necessary, but it does taste better.).
I make this with Lemon pudding and Lemon garnish and also Banana pudding with extra bananas. It is fantastic!