Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's a sweet recipe to end a spicy thai meal. Not sure of exact cooking time b/c the sticky rice you buy has its own cooking time. If used as an appetizer or dessert, the yield will be different.
- 2 cups sticky rice
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole mango, diced
- toasted coconut (optional) or jackfruit (optional) or fresh mango, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sticky rice as directed on package, and cool
- In pan, combine coconut milk, sugar and salt
- When rice is cooled, place in large bowl
- Add milk mixture to rice and fold to combine
- Fold in mango and jackfruit
- Cover rice and let stand for 20-30 minutes for coconut milk to be absorbed
- To serve, place a scoop of rice on plate with fresh mango slices and top with toasted coconut.