Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Mix all candy ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch cookie sheet.
- Slice into bars.
- Use toothpick to dip in chocolate coating.
- Melt paraffin in a medium pan on very low heat.
- Add chocolate chips and stir till melted (VERY LOW HEAT or chocolate will burn).
- Dip and enjoy.
As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I would have to try it. These are better than the candy bar you buy! I had the margarine at room temperature, and I used 2 T of crisco instead of the paraffin wax. They were very good. Fresh and chewy! This is a keeper!!
My mother and I both love coconut, so I tried these and they were fantastic. The only change I made was to add one whole almond to each piece to make an almond joy before dipping in chocolate, it was delicious.
Recipes like this are what make me love Recipezaar! These are delicious, they taste just like the real thing and they are so easy to make. I put mine in the freezer to chill and they were much easier to handle than from the refrigerator.